MSU Winter Food Preservation Classes
Winter Food Preservation Classes
Online via Zoom Thursdays, Now thru March 25, 2021
Preparing for the harvest season - Join us to learn the latest methods and research of preserving foods at home. Let us help you prepare for the harvest season to fill your pantry and freezer by preserving food safely. Join us using Zoom for each session or choose the topics that you are interested in. Classes will be offered at 1-2:30 p.m. and 6-7:30 p.m. EST each day listed.
This workshop will be taught by experienced MSU Extension Food Safety Educators.
Classes will be available on the following dates:
- Feb. 11, 2021 - Preparing for Preservation I: From Garden to Harvest
- Prepare for the next harvest and preservation season. This program will cover planning, equipment, storing, recipes, and much more to successfully preserve food throughout the year. This is part one of a two-part program
- Feb. 18, 2021 - Preparing for Harvest II: From Garden to Harvest
- Prepare for the next harvest and preservation season. This workshop will cover planning, equipment, storing, recipes, and much more to successfully preserve food throughout the year. This is part two of a two-part program.
- Feb. 25, 2021 - Fact vs. Fiction When Preserving Foods at Home
- It is important to stay current with home preserving methods. Join the Food Safety Team for an interactive program on fact vs. fiction when preserving foods at home.
- March 4, 2021 - Using What I Preserved Last Summer
- Ways to use what you preserved so it doesn't go to waste. Did you try a new canning recipe and are not sure how to use it? Join us to see how some of the Food Safety Team use their products. Too many canned tomatoes or peaches we'll help you figure out what to do.
- March 18, 2021 - Introduction to Home Canning
- Whether a beginner to home canning or looking for a refresher on best practices while canning foods at home, this class is for you. Join us to learn how to properly use your water bath, atmospheric steam, and pressure canners to create safe home-canned foods.
- March 25, 2021 - Preserving Maple Syrup
- From tree to table, making and preserving maple syrup in your home.